Thematic, Hands-On, Experiential Learning
Through a hands-on thematic curriculum grounded in environmental science and tied together through ethics, Stewards seek to answer five essential questions:
- How can we learn more about ourselves, our community, our country, and our environment?
- How are natural systems, individuals and communities connected and interdependent?
- How has technology affected the world throughout history?
- How are we impacted by the forces of nature and how do we react or adapt to these disturbances?
- What does the Earth provide for its inhabitants and how do we sustain Earth’s bounties?
Our thematic curriculum complements traditional middle school courses, so students smoothly transition between Steward and their own school.