Earth Science Faculty
- Assumption College, B.S.
Phil Miller has been an invaluable outdoor educator and caretaker on our property for decades. He brings a plethora of knowledge about experiential education, natural history, indigenous studies and ecosystems to our programs. Phil first served as Director of our nature center from 1987 to 2003. In 2003 he left to serve as First Selectman of Essex. Phil has been recognized for his work and leadership by such varied groups as the American Legion, the Water Partnership, the Essex Land Trust, The League of Conservation Voters, the Sierra Club, Gilead Community Services, and the Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW).
- Former Member, Environment Committee, Connecticut State House of Representatives
- Representative, Connecticut State House of Representatives, District 36, 2011-2017
- Won Special Election, Representative, Connecticut State House of Representatives, February 2011
- First Selectman, Town of Essex, 2003-2011
- Former Chair, Connecticut River Valley Council of Elected Officials
- Former Vice Chair, Environment Committee, Connecticut State House of Representatives
- Former Member, Essex Conservation Commission
- Former Member, Essex Inland Wetlands Commission
- Former Member, Essex Watercourses Commission
- Chair, Middlesex County Revitalization Commission
- Former Co-Chair, Planning and Development Committee, Connecticut State House of Representatives
- Former Member, Program Review and Investigations Committee, Connecticut State House of Representatives